clutch not adjusted right?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

clutch not adjusted right?

i was wondering if my clutch was adjusted right. when i do a hard accel from a stop, right as i finish letting my cluth lever out, there is a sudden increase in power. however i cannot let it out anymore slowly. is it me or the clutch cable? if it is me how can i fix it? 83' 450

Re: clutch not adjusted right?

Sounds like you are letting the clutch out/feathering it too much.
    Try using the clutch only long enough to allow a shift. Other than that, you should not be using the clutch lever at all. My time duration of clutch use for a gearchange is probably about 1/2 second. You should also have a gap of free play between the clutch lever and the housing on the handlebar.

Earl

Originally posted by nickabeans
    i was wondering if my clutch was adjusted right. when i do a hard accel from a stop, right as i finish letting my cluth lever out, there is a sudden increase in power. however i cannot let it out anymore slowly. is it me or the clutch cable? if it is me how can i fix it? 83' 450
    Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

oh im fine when im shifting, just when i go from a stop light, err try and go from a stop light it happens. i just re-adjusted my clutch, it was moving like a bat outta hell with the clutch all the way in. but anyways the surge n power only happens from stop. is there a way to accel faster then just putting along without the surge in power?

Comment

Sounds like a surge in rpm and the only way that can happen is if the clutch is not fully engaged, or the lining is wearing out.

Earl

Originally posted by nickabeans
        is there a way to accel faster then just putting along without the surge in power?
        Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

Working...
        X