gs850 g and gsx 1100 efe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gs850 g and gsx 1100 efe

Hi folks ihope that you can shed some light on a few probs that i am having. The first is with my gs it is running poorly backfires wont pick up and is down on compression on at least 2 cylenders i havent stripped it yet but i have a feeling that it might be valve seats, If someone could confurm or deniy this i would be greatfull. The other prob is with my gsx i know that it strictly doesnt belong in the forum but i cant find the info anywhere else, it ran fine for months then all of a sudden it refused to rev over 8000 rpm in any gear we have tried the cdi but of no avail and the carbs are clean there is anouther black box that might be a cpu but it isnt fuel injected. Any help on either would be greatly appreciated
    cheers

wraith

A GSX11--ef does belong on this forum , unfortunately what everyone else calls a GSX is called a GS in North America, GSX only means that it has a 16 valve head as opposed to earlier models; such as you GS which are only 8 valve
    Start by checking and cleaning your air filter! it may be so blocked up that not enough airflow gets through for the motor to rev over 8000rpm, I would then look at fuel flow, the fuel tap, fuel lined and finally the carbs.
    Have you changed the plugs recently?
    Dink

Comment

thanks for the reply all is sound with these items and the plugs have been changed any thoughts on the 850

Comment

OIn the 850 clean your carbs first and check the o-rings in the intakes as an airleak in this area will create similar symptoms to what you describe.
        Dink

Comment

For the 850's low comp Retourq the head, check and adjust the valves then do a compression test. Two adjcent cylinders usually head gasket

Comment

Working...
          X