O rings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

O rings

I'm in contact with Robert Barr, the guy who supplies the O ring kits for the '80 and newer CV carbs. I'm sending him a spare set of '78 carbs so he can measure the O rings and maybe set up packs for the older slide (VM) type carbs. I'll keep you all abreast of the situation.

Harrison

Awesome, he carries the o-rings for the newer BS32ss CV carbs yes?

Dm of mD

Comment

I don't know of the size you're talking about but I've got his orings in my 400 and 1100 and they are perfect.

Steve

Comment

Yeah, Steve, but you've got the CV type carbs. I'm talking to him about O rings for the VM carbs which are the pre-80/8 valve head type. Detman wants the post 80 CV type like you have. I'm betting that there will be a reasonable number of requests for sets of the older type as well.

Harrison

Comment

Yeah, I was posting to Detman.

I thought Robert put together the other o-ring set together already. Months ago there was a guy who had planned on giving him a broken carb body.

Steve

Comment

Robert Barr said that the one set he got was for an early 80s 450 twin, CV carbs, which was no help. This is Saturday morning and I'm about to go out to the woodshop and box up a VM carb to send to him. I told him that I'd send a whole rack, but he only wanted one.
            Detman has apparently deciced to get professional help for his bike rather than trying to fix it himself. I told him I would help but I think he is so anxious to get it on the road that the price in money is less than the price in lack of riding time. Not that anyone here can blame him. If I had the money, I'd have done the same thing with my bike when I got it.

Harrison

Comment

Do you think the o-rings in his kit would fit the fuel connector tubes on my older carbs (77 550 with non-CV carbs). I'd buy the kit just to get those. I have the carbs apart for cleaning and I need those o-rings...

debby
              1979 GS1000N
              2019 Kaw Z900RS
              plus a few more

Comment

I sent him the #3 carb from a '78 GS750 to measure the rings from and included the fuel passage with O rings. I don't know if they'll fit your bike, but there is a good chance that they will. We just have to wait a couple of weeks 'til he has all the measurements and can order the ones we need. I didn't send him the whole rack, because he requested only one carb.

Harrison

Comment

Awesome, does he have the specs for the +80's CV type carbs?
                  If worse comes to worse I can get ahold of a carb-set to send or send mine.

Dm of mD

Comment

Detman,
                    The O ring set he sells has all the O rings for the 80s and newer carbs. I'll get you a set as I told you yesterday. I 'll just give you the set I ordered for the Kawasaki and order another one. Its the same thing because they are all Mikuni carbs of the same type and vintage.

Harrison

Comment

Working...
                    X