Just ordered Electrix Stator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just ordered Electrix Stator

And have read almost all of what you fine folks have put in here regarding it.

Now you have me CONFUSED!!!!

It should be a straight up bolt in. Simply plug into the R/R and away I go. At least thats how I am seeing it. Do I need to worry about the ground conection from the r/r to the battery case?

HELP!

the r/r should have a ground wire with a ring going to a bolt. just strip 1/4 inch of insulation and solder a wire to it. use luquid tape, then run it to the - side of the battery put a ring on it so you can connect it to the battery.

if you look at the prints on the bike you will see the regulater connected strate to the battery. in real life it goes from the battery to the motor ground then to the fram ground then via a jumper wire to the mounting bracket to the regulator. a lot of connections to go bad in the middle of the mess.

all your doing is taking the short route from the battery to the regulator. witch is better.

Comment

Rake I believe you could run an extra ground also-- from the case of the rr to the frame. that is in adition to the required wireing.

Comment

It is as easy as you thought.

You have three wires from the stator. They run alongside the starter, under its cover, and then go back across the engine to connect near your fuse box. All three wires will likely be yellow and it does not matter if the colours match the original colour-coded connections, as all 3 stator wires have the same output.

I would recommend starting the bike before the wires are connected, and verifying that you have a full output.

You simply set your voltmeter on AC and place a probe on one stator output, and the second probe on another. Read the voltage at idle and at about 5000RPM. Do the same with the other wires.

You should get a reading of at least 70 volts.

After that, plug in the wires, check the voltage again at the battery, and if that is OK, ride on!

Sorry....forgot to mention.

When you install the stator in the cover, be certain that you use BLUE Loctite, or a similar medium-strength thread locker. You need clean threads on the cover AND on the bolts.
        Bertrand Russell: 'Men are born ignorant, not stupid. They are made stupid by education.'

Comment

Thanks Ron!

I cant wait for it to get here.

Comment

Working...
          X