Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ratbike chronicles - End game

Good evening,

With your continued support I have reached the end of my ability to continue modifications on the carburetors of the Ratbike.
    I forgot a little lesson that I learned so harshly when I owned my 1984 Honda Rebel. The lesson was that no one would work on the bike because of it's age. Well, that lesson has come back to bite me in the ass once again because I didn't learn the first time.
    Herefore, I am saving up the necessary 400 dollars that it will cost to get the carburetors balanced and running right on the Ratbike.
    In that, my chronicles of the Ratbike come to a sad conclusion and the realization that I'm not a *@%^$*@%^$*@%^$*@%^$ing motorcycle carburetor mechanic burns my soul to it's depths.
    Now the task at hand is getting the bike to the Dynojet tuning Center in Cockeysville that I bought the bike from. They have agreed to do the Jetting work and dyno the bike. Whether or not they can get it running right will be found out. I have chosen to forego paying off my small debt and get this bike running. I'm in too deep now, I might as well go for broke.
    So for now I bid you wonderful folk adieu and thank you for your support. Hopefully I will be able to ride with some of you in the next 2-3 months if/when the bike is road ready.

NOTE: When beginning any Ratbike project start with a bike that already works.

Thank you,
    Sincerely,
    Dm of mD
    Damien

sorry to hear it, man I don't know if I'm gonna get my "small engine repair" badge or not either. good luck!!

Comment

Detman, I know Joe Paparo is busy but he may be able to fit you in for a tune up/carb setup. At least call him. I guarantee he will do as good of a job as that shop if not better and there is no way he would rape you 400 dollars for it.

At least call him man. Tell him what you need and ask him if he has time. Make sure you tell him I refereed you. I don't get any perks for that just in case you wonder. I already get max perks from Joe but doing so will "get you in good" with him as I am a faithful preferred 22 year customer of his. He rocks dude, best there is... period.

Call him man, he is here in Lancaster so it isn't out of the question to haul it here instead of there.

Paparo Performance Cycle Shop 717-295-4988 and ask for Joe. Tell him I sent you.

Here he is in the yahoo yellow pages. The number is wrong there, call the one I gave you above: Paparo Cycle Shop

Comment

Thanks Hoomgar. I will give him a call and see how much shipping it there will be.

Thanks again,
        Dm of mD

Comment

Originally posted by Detman101
          Thanks Hoomgar. I will give him a call and see how much shipping it there will be.

Thanks again,
          Dm of mD
          Shipping it would be out of the question I would think man. Way to much money. I would borrow a trailer or even see if you can get it running good enough to ride it and drop it off.
          Or a friend with a pickup maybe?

Comment

Working...
          X