Mirrors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mirrors

My stock mirrors disappeared years and years ago and I'm going to put on a set of aftermarket stock-like mirrors. (the mirrors on my bike now are fairing mounted) For the life of me I can't remember if the threads are the same on both mirrors or if one is right hand and the other left hand.
    Any help would be appreciated.

They are the same on our bikes. I think they are 10 mm.

Steve

Comment

Steve is correct. They both have the same thread. You're probably thinking of Yamahas, which I believe have different threads.

When my GK had the stock Suzuki fairing, I took off the fairing-mounted mirrors and replaced them with screw-on types. The stock GK mirrors were dreadful; one of them came loose at the ball joint and I gave up trying to fix it. So, I got myself a couple of after-market mirrors that screw onto the clutch and brake brackets on the handlebars. They work just fine, and I like them better than the fairing-mounted ones.

Nick

Comment

Thanks guys. The parts guy I talked to was younger than my bike and they were just closing when I got there. I knew one of the Japanese makes had oddball threads but I couldn't remember.
        Thanks again. I'll probably go get a set tomorrow.

Comment

What I don't understand is why all of the manufacturers think our bikes have ape hangers on them, nobody makes a set of long stalk mirrors. Once you put semi-flat bars on the bike you need to get bar end mirrors if you don't want to look at your armpits. :?

Steve

Comment

I had that problem withstock mirrors, great view of my arms, finally found a pair of long stalk mirrors. I posted in the Performance Mod what they were. These mirrors work.

Comment

Working...
            X