Carb parts/ mikunu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carb parts/ mikunu

I am new to this site and it has been a wealth of info to me on my GS.

I have a 1981 GS850GL with 8300 mi. I am in the middle of a carb rebuild and I am trying to find out what exactly are the model #'s of the carbs on this bike. Are they BS or CV or ?????

The reason for this is that I am looking for a diagram for these carbs. I bought a set of kits from dennis kirk and they are pretty complete, but I would like to get more info on the needles and emulsion tubes.

Any help would be appreciated.
    thanks.

techguy137@yahoo.com

"its better to burn out than not at all"

there is a terific carb rebuild series in the forum garage wiith lots of diagrams You have BS 32 carbs some times refered to as constant velocity CV type

Comment

thanks for the info. I have looked at the carb rebuild series and unfourtunatly it does'nt cover the cv's themselves. I am looking for the stem part that goes in the slides.

The needle consits of of course the needle. spring, washer, clip, (i call them jesus clips cause when they spring off ya go oh jesus, where did it go???) 8O plastic washer, stem, c-clip that holds it all together inside the slide. Mine is broken and I am looking for a diagram with hopefully a part # so i can get another.

I guess the other question is if I could fabricate a hold down would the stem part be needed??? is it a guide for the upper spring?????

hmmmm....interesting thought.

anyone else got any ideas on that?

Comment

Originally posted by techguy
        thanks for the info. I have looked at the carb rebuild series and unfourtunatly it does'nt cover the cv's themselves. I am looking for the stem part that goes in the slides.

The needle consits of of course the needle. spring, washer, clip, (i call them jesus clips cause when they spring off ya go oh jesus, where did it go???) 8O plastic washer, stem, c-clip that holds it all together inside the slide. Mine is broken and I am looking for a diagram with hopefully a part # so i can get another.

I guess the other question is if I could fabricate a hold down would the stem part be needed??? is it a guide for the upper spring?????

hmmmm....interesting thought.

anyone else got any ideas on that?

Hey techguy:
        Welcome to the forum. Casper wy. eh??
        When i hung up my wrenchs i worked at the larco refinery in casper for several years. We lived out off hat six road and enjoyed riding almost year round.Except for that wind(you never get used to) it wasn't that bad. Anyhoo, you might check out this site. www.partsfish@powersportspro.com. They have good fishes on many bikes as well as parts. Their prices aren't to bad on most things

Comment

larco refinery???? i think that became Amoco refinery. Which by the way is gone. now a golf course & a park. Unless it was the one by the sinclair refinery. not sure.
          thanks for the info i will check it out.

Comment

Trying to figure what you need DO you have a picture?

Comment

Originally posted by SqDancerLynn1
              Trying to figure what you need DO you have a picture?
              No I dont. The manual I have doesnt have a diagram of the carbs.
              Thats what I am looking for is a diagram of them.

Comment

I was asking if you could take a picture of your parts and post it for us to see

Comment

Working...
                X