Timing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Timing?

Is there ever an issue with timing on these motors? How do you time them? (I lost my manual) :roll:

Re: Timing?

I do not believe the timing is adjustable for an 82 GS1100. To check if it is, remove the round crankshaft cover on the right side of the engine case. You will see a 6" round plate mounted by three machine screws located at the 12, 4 and 8 oclock positions. If the breaker plate only has holes for the machine screws to go through, then you timing is not adjustable, If the machine screws go through slots in the breaker plate, then the timing is adjustable.

Earl

Originally posted by Quickboat
    Is there ever an issue with timing on these motors? How do you time them? (I lost my manual) :roll:
    All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

82 Gs1100

I Just Pulled The Cover On My Bike And The Plate Only Has Holes For The Screws To Go Through. So My Question Is , Is The Timing Preset At The Factory And You Cant Adjust It At All?? Any One With Experience With This Please Reply

Comment

The timing is non adjustable. The aftermarket Dyna ignition is adjustable, but the stock unit is not.

Earl

Originally posted by TCARTER
        I Just Pulled The Cover On My Bike And The Plate Only Has Holes For The Screws To Go Through. So My Question Is , Is The Timing Preset At The Factory And You Cant Adjust It At All?? Any One With Experience With This Please Reply
        All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

If you wanted too just break out a rattail file and go to town. A dremel would work great too.
          1166cc 1/8 ET 6.09@111.88
          1166cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.70@122.85
          1395cc 1/8 ET 6.0051@114.39
          1395cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.71@113.98 "With a broken wrist pin too"
          01 Sporty 1/8 ET 7.70@92.28, 1/4 ET 12.03@111.82

Comment

Working...
          X