gas eerywhere

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gas eerywhere

I just finished assembling my 82 gs650g. cleaned the carbs, but didnt adjust anything. Now the bike will start, but it dies right out. the air box is getting full of gas and it ust purs right out. I am unsure of the hose routings, but i think i have it right...my clymer doesnt really do a good job explaining where they all go. anyways, any help will be greatly appreciated. is it possible to over-prime the carbs?, because i let them fill up until i saw fuel leaking from thevent hose. i dont think the floats are stuck...i just dont know. :roll:

Ian

It sounds like a flooding problem. It doesn't take much for the floats to hang up in the bodies. It could be you accidently bumped one of the floats and its sticking. Also if you have the fuel cock on pri it may be running through. Once the bike starts you should switch it to on or reserve. You don't have to wait to see gas coming out of the vent tubes to turn it.

Comment

Re: gas eerywhere

I am going to make a wild guess here and ask you to check to see if you installed the float needles right side up. (the pointed end of the needle should be pointing up when installed in the carbs and carbs mounted on the bike)

Earl :-)

Originally posted by GS650rabbit
      I just finished assembling my 82 gs650g. cleaned the carbs, but didnt adjust anything. Now the bike will start, but it dies right out. the air box is getting full of gas and it ust purs right out. I am unsure of the hose routings, but i think i have it right...my clymer doesnt really do a good job explaining where they all go. anyways, any help will be greatly appreciated. is it possible to over-prime the carbs?, because i let them fill up until i saw fuel leaking from thevent hose. i dont think the floats are stuck...i just dont know. :roll:

Ian
      All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

yeah, im gofnna pull them back off and give em a once over...ill check all the valves and floats :?

ian

Comment

Follow the path of the gas down from the tank, starting with the petcock. It's not in PRI (as in prime) is it? If it's not in prime, are you sure it's not leaking internally?

I suppose the problem is probably in the last thing you touched, the carbs, but you might look at the rest of the fuel feed system too.

Michael

Comment

Hello, check all of your o-rings and especially the one on the float valve. I did my carbs over last fall and the o-rings were either cracked or dried up so I replaced them all and the flooding problem went away. Good luck

Comment

sounds like a stuck float to me!!

Comment

hi, i actually just had the hoses hooked up in the wrong spot...but when i got it right...the o-rings were leaking between the carbs......damn it damn it damn it!!

Ian

Comment

here you go and every o ring you need

ryan
                  78 GS1000 Yosh replica racer project
                  82 Kat 1000 Project
                  05 CRF450x
                  10 990 ADV-R The big dirt bike

P.S I don't check PM to often, email me if you need me.

Comment

Working...
                  X