Re-wiring GS-1100 project/Any ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re-wiring GS-1100 project/Any ideas?

Hi, Once again I come to the forum for help. From the discussions here and the history of GS electrics, I was thinking on re-wiring my 83 GS-1100E during the winter months. :roll: There are pretty long :? in VT so it wouldn't be a rush job.
    Has anyone out there re-wired a 1100E and what does it entail? I am a Facilities Engineer by trade so I have experience with electronics. I am planning on finding a service manual for "her" and also need to know who has the best schematic for the project? :twisted:
    Thanks
    __________________________________________________ ___________
    83 GS1100E, 76 GT250A
    Doug aka crag antler

83GS1100E, gone
    2000 Kawasaki Concours
    Please wear ATGATT

You are undertaking a big project. First thing you need to do is figure out
    what you are going to need for connectors, different colors of wire, Check with electronics store for connectors- usually better quality than auto parts. Get the proper crimping tool. as for wire I don't have a cat. I seem to remember that JC whitney has a package of 16 different colors in there automotive section.
    Split the loom open and replace one wire at a time make a note of the new colors for future trouble shooting re wrap when you are done. don't use electrical tape. get some kind of harness wrap.

Comment

Clymer manual is best for wiring diagram it is in color I have one for 83 GS1100G which I thing would be the same. can copy it if you can't find manuel

Comment

I know a guy in here who bought a brand new harness for his 750/850 on ebay. He is very happy with it too.

Steve

Comment

This is a useful read for anyone thinking of doing a rewire job. The section on electrics is about 1/2way down the page.

Regards
          Yoshiman

Comment

Working...
          X