Needle Valve Seat Screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Needle Valve Seat Screen

I'm going through my carbs with the help of the Carb Cleanup Guide. I noticed on my 850 carbs that I have a dome shaped screen on the bottom of my needle valve seat. Should I leave it on? I bought a rebuild kit and of course those screens were not included. I'm only on the first carb and so far the first screen seems intact.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Hall

Yes Yes Yes and oh yeah....YES!

Comment

I would assume that it's there for a reason, and leave it in place. It's easy enough to screw up your mixture as it is, without changing the factory configuration! :P

Comment

thanks!

Thanks for the reply. I just thought it was weird that I didn't see it on the step-by-step or in the rebuild kit.

thanks for the info, that's what i needed!

Comment

I went through and rebuilt my carbs with the K&L (I think) rebuild kits and they did not come with the screens and I couldn't get the old ones off of the needle valve seat so I just didn't bother.....I don't know if it will make a big difference or not.....but just in case, is there anyplace to get the screens????

Comment

www.sudco.com carries complete? selection of parts for the BS carbs

Comment

yes

The OEM screens are still available and can be ordered from your dealer. You have to order both the screen and the little plastic cap that holds it on and I'm sure they're fairly expensive. When I rebuilt my carbs, I cleaned them and put them back in but, if you left them out, I'll bet you'd never know the difference. :roll:
              1980 GS1100E....Number 15!

Comment

I think BUT I'm not sure but the screens are there to help with the oxidation (fuel and air mixing together) of fuel as it passes through them. The more its mixed before detenation the better the burn in the chambers.

Comment

screens purpose

If its the one im thinking of, which translates to if you call the float needle seat a needle valve over that side of the pond...
                  The screens are a attempt to catch flakes of rust entering the needle seat and jam it open.
                  Suzuki never put a fuel filter on as standard over here...
                  If you leave it off, best make sure you have a fuel filter...

Comment

Working...
                  X