Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tremclad anyone?

hello all,

I thought that I would just go on record by admitting that I am lazy when it comes to painting. I know how to paint a bike properly (prep work is everything), but like I said, I am lazy. It is quite literally painfull for me to prep something properly. I am getting ready to paint my gs 850, and feel compelled to use a rust paint such as Tremclad. I know some of you may cringe at the thought of using such a paint, but I just want to repaint it and ride it. I have cleaned off 99% of the old paint and rust, have primed with Proform self etching primer, and would just like a finish that will look not too bad, and be fairly resistant to chips and rust. Could you share your experiences will rattle can makeovers.

Thanks Very Much

It will take days to weeks for the paint to harden. I painted my car with it using an electric spray guy and it took several weeks...

Steve

Comment

good luck

check this link for ref. it sound funny but it may just work, let me know how it turns out because I will be using the exact technique this summer.

Pic would be cool (before and after)...

Comment

I forgot the link from my last message...http://www.chuckhawks.com/harley_paintin.htm

Comment

Working...
        X