• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aftermarket seats? And.....

78 1000E
    Were might I find a aftermarket seat?
    Go custem?

I looked in the calog and neither Corbin, Mustang or Cobra had an option for my Monster.The stock set-up just tends to pitch me forward a bit.

And.... Do the the 16 valvers(post "79) switch over to my ride with out to many mods? (and whats to many mods?)

Anyway, Ive been lurking for a while and I seem to have found all my info via a search.(thank you all) Hope I don't keep any of you awike with this complex question. 8)

Rico

seats

I would keep a look out on e-bay or craigslist.com I found my seat on e-bay for less than $50.

Comment

Sargent rebuilt the seat on my XS650. Looks very nice (you can get different textures and looks and colored piping) and it's nice and comfortable. Not cheap, though ($200), but what are you going to do ?

Comment

You might give Saddleman a call. they make covers and seats for certain models of old Suzuki's. Here is a shortcut to their site.

Comment

Who hoo! Thanks for the website Mike, I was just wondering what to do with my old ripped seat. $125 seems reasonable.
          Thanks!
          -Brian

Comment

The Saddleman/Travelcade kits are covers with foam that go on your stock seat pan.

The prices over $200 are for seats and not kits.

I have a double bucket on my 81 GS750L and it works a lot better than I thought it would. When I first got my bike the riders seat was about as comfortable as riding on a brick. I didn?t think I would like the double bucket because it would stop me from changing position on long rides. It turns out I can still change my position and the seat is much more comfortable than I thought it would be. The foam is not very dense and the only real improvement I could see for this seat without totally reshaping it would be to add a little high-density form for a little firmer support.

Mike

Comment

Working...
            X