UH OHHHHHHHHH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UH OHHHHHHHHH

O.K.........I decided to give the jets and screws a good cleaning while i had my carbs off. I'm using the carb article for reference. Once i got to this part http://www.thegsresources.com/images...%20removed.jpg

I noticed that mine has a plug with a small hole in it where he says to remove the air screw.
    Am I missing something?...or am i supposed to remove this plug...wanted to check before i started prying with my crowbar....(ya know how us rednecks are)

Any ideas?????

Re: UH OHHHHHHHHH

The airscrew is under the plug. You will need to drill the center of the plug with a small bit to you can thread a screw into the hole to pull the plug out,
    The airscrew underneath is brass and soft. Drill very VERY carefully and slowly so you do NOT punch the bit through and into the top of the airscrew. Do not punch the bit through the plug and into the top of the airscrew, do not punch the bit through the plug and into the top of the airscrew, do not punch the bit through the plug and into the top of the airscrew. :-) :-) :-) Clear enough? :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

Earl

Originally posted by Lollypop
    O.K.........I decided to give the jets and screws a good cleaning while i had my carbs off. I'm using the carb article for reference. Once i got to this part http://www.thegsresources.com/images...%20removed.jpg

I noticed that mine has a plug with a small hole in it where he says to remove the air screw.
    Am I missing something?...or am i supposed to remove this plug...wanted to check before i started prying with my crowbar....(ya know how us rednecks are)

Any ideas?????
    All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Thanks buddy

BTW...am I supposed to punch the bit through the plug and into the airscrew?

Comment

LMAO

Earl :-)

Originally posted by Lollypop
        Thanks buddy

BTW...am I supposed to punch the bit through the plug and into the airscrew?
        All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

wanted to check before i started prying with my crowbar....(ya know how us rednecks are)
          Evidently you are just like 90% of people the world over! Hammers and crowbars are my friends.....

Comment

I used a dremel with a drill bit cut down for cutting plexiglass. Worked great and you don't have to worrie about tearing stuff up. I used this method on my Volusia.

Comment

Redneck Philosophy:

The only implements needed for removal and disassembly are the crowbar, 4lb maul and vice grips.

The only implements needed for repair and restoration are duck tape, bailing wire, and the occaisional WD-40.

Comment

If it's seized, use force. If it breaks, it needed replacing anyways.
                Kevin
                E-Bay: gsmcyclenut
                "Communism doesn't work because people like to own stuff." Frank Zappa

1978 GS750(x2 "projects"), 1983 GS1100ED (slowly becoming a parts bike), 1982 GS1100EZ,
                Now joined the 21st century, 2013 Yamaha XTZ1200 Super Tenere.

Comment

THAAAAAAAAT'S RIGHT

Comment

Except it isn't really an air screw, it's a fuel meter screw.

Comment

Working...
                    X