fuel petcock/valve thingy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fuel petcock/valve thingy

A question about my fuel tank petcock/valve ( I guess that's what it's called even though there is no actual "petcock" it's just a vacuum one).
    The vacuum side is sucking gas down the tube. Obviously this isn't what it's supposed to do but is it bad? It seems to get gas down the main line just fine but should I replace it or does all the gas just end up in the #2 carbuerator?
    Thanks
    les

If you have fuel in the vacumm line going to the #2 carb, the diaphram in the petcock is ruptured and the petcock needs to be rebuilt or replaced

Comment

Does anyone know where I can get a replacement vacuum petcock? Dennis Kirk doesn't seem to have them.

Comment

Hey Leslo,
        Lynn's right, you need to replace that diaphragm. Mine's leaky too I think and it can cause some serious problems. If you have an 'off' setting on your valve use that whenever you park it, especially whenever you park it overnight or longer. My crankcase was FULL of fuel this spring, and my tank was at least half empty(filled it at the end of summer/fall). So not only am I out the cash I spent on that fuel, I think my fibre plates in my clutch are ruined because of it, so I'm out cash for those, plus the time/energy to replace them. If you can't find a new diaphragm, you can make your own, or just use the off position. If you don't have an off position, you can "add" one, or get a new petcock.
        Best of luck!

Comment

Petcock rebuild parts

Your local Suzuki dealer has them for 19.95 plus tax. They have all the o-rings and gaskests, including the new diaphragm. Make sure you clean all of the old gasket off the parts or your new one will suck air and not open the petcock properly when cranked.

Comment

Working...
          X