Where to get...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to get...

First, hopefully this is in the right forum...

I recently acquired a 79 Suzuki GS1000. The tank does not have a petcock on it what so ever, My main question is where can I find a complete petcock assembly for this bike. I have found a few places online that sale the entire things, but they are always for 1980 or later.

My second question is, how do I tell what model of the GS1000 I have? Isnt there a GS1000L, GS1000GL, GS1000E, GS1000S ??? How do I know...

Thanks in advance, I look forward to learning alot from this forum...

Re: Where to get...

Originally posted by JxxxOxxxE
    First, hopefully this is in the right forum...

I recently acquired a 79 Suzuki GS1000. The tank does not have a petcock on it what so ever, My main question is where can I find a complete petcock assembly for this bike. I have found a few places online that sale the entire things, but they are always for 1980 or later.

My second question is, how do I tell what model of the GS1000 I have? Isnt there a GS1000L, GS1000GL, GS1000E, GS1000S ??? How do I know...

Thanks in advance, I look forward to learning alot from this forum...
    Pingel makes a petcock that is generic and can be used on your bike. You will have to do some drilling and a little filing but you can get it to work.

If you have a shaft drive, then you have either a GS1000G or a GS1000GL. The second "G" indicates it's a shaft drive. If you have a shaft drive and the bike has the "cruiser look" (as opposed to the standard look) then you have the GS1000GL. If it has the cruiser look but a chain drive you have a GS1000L. If you have a chain drive and mag wheels and it is not a cruiser then you have either the GS1000E or the GS1000S. The GS1000S will have a small fairing on the front. If it has chain drive and spoke wheels then you have a GS1000. This all depends on weather or not someone modified the bike before you got it...

That should make it clear as mud.

Hap

Comment

Pingel huh? i'll check that out right now. Drilling and tapping to make some thing should be a big deal, but what do you mean by filling? Like welding it up....?

The bike is still sitting at a friends house. I am not going to bring it home until I get this 3 wheeler back together, wich should be this weeked. Those descriptions seem pretty good to figure it out...I'll check it ASAP...

Comment

Wow, lots of Pingel stuff. They make adapter plates too, I wonder if I could get an adapter for it, I guess I need to call one of these places....

Comment

Working...
        X