hard clutch lever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hard clutch lever

i changed the springs and plates on my gs11e, and now the clutch lever is hard as hell, i didn't use HD springs?, is this normal

what kind did you use?
    aftermarket?
    I have carbon kevlar plates and performance so called 20% stronger springs in my bike and it almost takes two hands to squize the clutch lever in.
    I have talked to people experianced with clutches and they said the heavy springs are only needed for high horsepower racing, stock spring work just best for street use.

Comment

Re: hard clutch lever

The clutch lever on my 85 1150E is a quick, two finger blip to operate. Stock and clutch slip is zero. (vesrah linings)

Earl

Originally posted by bostrom155
      i changed the springs and plates on my gs11e, and now the clutch lever is hard as hell, i didn't use HD springs?, is this normal
      All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

i used parts unlimited from dennis kirk for 50 bucks and new springs not HD, will it loosen up or no???

Comment

USE stock OEM suzuki springs

Comment

stiff clutch springs

on your stiff springs,
            i changed out mine in my bike because they were so stiff that it eventually broke the cable, the new springs were atleast a half inch longer than the ones that were it it so check your spring length and how hard one is to compress in your hand youll be able to tell if something is wrong
            ~steve

85 gs700e

Comment

Not sure of the other bikes but the 2V GS1000 uses softer springs than the 2VGS750

Comment

Originally posted by SqDancerLynn1
                USE stock OEM suzuki springs
                I second that!!!

Comment

I actually changed out the clutch friction plates and springs on my GS550 from whatever the previous owner had to a set of Vance and Hines plates and springs... The diffrence was like night and day... The vance and hines springs were of smaller diameter and "weaker" than what was in there.

the set the previuous owner had in it was a wonder he could use his left hand at all.. I was seriously thinking I was doing damage to my hand trying to pull the clutch in. That was after we had oiled the cable and loosened it as much as we could...

I got the Vance and Hines kit off E-bay for 20$... there are other sets out there that are just fine too... I've seen people say good things about the vesrah kit as well.

Comment

Working...
                  X