GS1150 Handlebar "buzzz"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS1150 Handlebar "buzzz"

I've seen the old articles and reviews on the GS1150 giving off the "tingling hands" and numb fingers. Mine is the same. Have any of you 1150ers found a good fix for this?
    85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
    79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

I have heard about them doing it. A good carb sync can help, also some bar end weights

Comment

Synch the carbs and the vibration stops. Mine does not vibrate at any rpm.

Earl
      Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

That human beings can not bear too much reality, explains so much.

Comment

A Barsnake (barsnake.com) works well. Also, I like the Sunline Gran Touring grips. If they can quell the vibes in an XS650, they can help your GS.

Comment

I filled the bars with lead shotgun shot. This eliminated the vibs completely after a good sync job.

Comment

i put a small thin piece if rubber between the bars and clamp. my hands don't tingle anymore, no vibration....

Comment

For bar weights go to your local disposal store and buy a handful of #3 or #4 pyramid-shaped fishing sinkers (sorry, can't remember their technical name - something about the sea bottom). The sinkers cost me $1 per pair. Hammer the bases out round, but bigger than the inside bar diameter, and drive them pointy end first into the ends of the bars. 3 or 4 each end should do the trick to form a couple of snug fitting plugs.

Oh yeah - take the grips, etc. off before doing this

Comment

Awww, youre no fun at all. :-) :-)

Earl

Originally posted by OldRider
                Oh yeah - take the grips, etc. off before doing this
                Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

That human beings can not bear too much reality, explains so much.

Comment

You definately want to do a carb synch, can make a world of difference. You might also check the front motor mounts. They have rubber inserts and if yours are original they probably show some wear and harding of the rubber.

Comment

Working...
                  X