Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Main jet size from 112 to 112.5

Hello all,

It has been a long cold winter and I am ready to ride again. I changed my email and so had to change usernames, I used to be scottjm. My question is this. Last winter I dipped and cleaned my carbs replacing all o-rings and completely followed the carb clean up info posted on this website. I did order four new carb kits and replaced everything including the main jets. The originals were 112, the new ones were 112.5, would this slight increase in size make my bike run rich and carbon up the plugs? The bike is a 1980 GS750E.

Thanks

Scott

It shouldn't be much of a difference.

Comment

Thanks Jon, I was hoping it was that simple .. I will check float height next, oh by the way, does anyone have a simple method for bending the float tab, and what is the best way to do it?

Scud

Comment

Thanks Jon, I was hoping it was that simple .. I will check float height next, oh by the way, does anyone have a simple method for bending the float tab, and what is the best way to do it?

Scud

Comment

A small flat head screw driver works well.

Comment

Thanks, I'll try it when I get home.

Scud

Comment

Re: Main jet size from 112 to 112.5

Jets come in increments of 2.5 ie. 105, 107.5,110, 112.5, 115 etc.

Earl

Originally posted by Scud
              Hello all,

It has been a long cold winter and I am ready to ride again. I changed my email and so had to change usernames, I used to be scottjm. My question is this. Last winter I dipped and cleaned my carbs replacing all o-rings and completely followed the carb clean up info posted on this website. I did order four new carb kits and replaced everything including the main jets. The originals were 112, the new ones were 112.5, would this slight increase in size make my bike run rich and carbon up the plugs? The bike is a 1980 GS750E.

Thanks

Scott
              Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

That's what I thought too, I'd never heard of a 112 jet size. Just figured I had missed it because of my sheltered life.

Comment

Fellas.....,

Ooops....guess its kinda funny for me to say your right...DUH.... The jets I replaced were a little varnished and junked up, I only saw the 112, after I read Earls post I went to my garage and did the finger smudge removal technique on the old jet and noticed it was indeed a 112.5.

Sorry for the confusion, I should be sorry for being confused...

I also took my carbs off to check float height on each and noticed that the number one carb did not 'spring' back up when I pushed the float down slightly..hmmm.. I put the original back in and it works fine, hopefully this will help out on my rich condition I had experienced all last year!!

Thanks for putting up with me...

Scott

Comment

Fellas.....,

Ooops....guess its kinda funny for me to say your right...DUH.... The jets I replaced were a little varnished and junked up, I only saw the 112, after I read Earls post I went to my garage and did the finger smudge removal technique on the old jet and noticed it was indeed a 112.5.

Sorry for the confusion, I should be sorry for being confused...

I also took my carbs off to check float height on each and noticed that the number one carb did not 'spring' back up when I pushed the float down slightly..hmmm.. I put the original back in and it works fine, hopefully this will help out on my rich condition I had experienced all last year!!

Thanks for putting up with me...

Scott

Comment

:-) :-)

Earl

[quote="Scud"]
                      I went to my garage and did the finger smudge removal technique on the old jet and noticed it was indeed a 112.5.
                      Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

Working...
                      X