Third party Gasket Resources?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Third party Gasket Resources?

I'm preparing to do a complete teardown and rebuild...have to split the cases to investigate a bearing noise. My local Suzuki dealer said they would have to order a complete upper and lower gasket set from a third party since they no longer stock them.

Can anyone tell me where I might be able to get a complete set of gaskets and O-Rings for a complete rebuild? It's an '81 GS1000GL. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tim

If you want OEM I would just call the next closes dealer. I doubt you'll have trouble getting Suzuki gaskets. If you do a search on here you'll be able to find a few places that sell gasket sets.

Steve

Comment

I did find some italian company, that was selling the complete kit. Every gasket motorcycle has on e-bay. I see them every once in a while selling them there and they are very cheap. I dont remember the exect price but it was below $100... I'de keep looking on ebay

Comment

Watch Ebay long enough and anything you want will show up. Check with Cometic and Vesrah. One of them might offer a kit. Dennis Kirk might have an NOS set.

Comment

Parts 'n' More has engine gasket sets. The also have a setion of their web site dedicated to GS bikes.

Comment

Thanks for the response! I found a complete rebuild gasket set for my GS1000GL for $61.00 on www.partsnmore.com....thanks karl_ibsen!

Comment

Working...
            X