X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Float Height question

Hello all,

1980 GS750E
    I could probably figure this out within a week or so of thinking about it but need an answer sooner. According to the clymer manual float height should be between 21.4mm and 24.somethingmm (it is out in my shoip). question is this... is lower then 21.4mm considered to rich or over 24.somethingmm. My floats were around 20mm and my bike was running rich, would it be correct to say that increasing to 22 mm would lean it out?

Scud

Tagged for answers.

I'm having these same questions...

Dm of mD

Comment

Re: Float Height question

Float height is measured when holding the carbs upside down. It is the distance between the float bowl gasket surface (without gasket) to the highest point on the float. The higher the fuel level is in the float bowl, the richer the bike will run, Decreasing the measurement then means the fuel level in the bowl will be higher. So yes, if your float level is now at 20 mm and you reset it to 22 mm, that would be a leaner setting. BTW, I set the floats in my 750 to 24-25 mm.

Earl

Originally posted by Scud
      Hello all,

1980 GS750E
      I could probably figure this out within a week or so of thinking about it but need an answer sooner. According to the clymer manual float height should be between 21.4mm and 24.somethingmm (it is out in my shoip). question is this... is lower then 21.4mm considered to rich or over 24.somethingmm. My floats were around 20mm and my bike was running rich, would it be correct to say that increasing to 22 mm would lean it out?

Scud
      Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

Thanks Earl, I knew it would be much faster this way! If she is still rich I will wrestle the carbs out again and reset them to 24.

Scud

Comment

Working...
        X