wont idle properly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wont idle properly

ok, howcome my bilke takes a long time to come back down to idle, the plugs look to be the right color, but i cant get it to idle right. is this usually a rich characteristic?
    thanks for your help guys

Tighten the carb manifold clamps correctly. If this does'nt help then you probably need to replace the manifold o-rings. If so, apply some hi-temp bearing grease to the new ones and torque to 6 ft/lbs. Also check the manifolds for aging/hardening.
    And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
    Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Re: wont idle properly

No, taking a long time to come down to idle is a lean condition. It is usually caused by an induction boot air leak. Also, the idle adjustment knob should be adjusted only when the bike is at normal operating temperature.

Earl

Originally posted by pete_holden
      ok, howcome my bilke takes a long time to come back down to idle, the plugs look to be the right color, but i cant get it to idle right. is this usually a rich characteristic?
      thanks for your help guys
      Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

thanks guys,

Comment

Working...
        X