When replacing exhaust...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When replacing exhaust...

im in the market for new exhaust (i finally got paid ). I noticed that i am missing a header bolt for both exuast headers, when they curve at the bottom they are rusting, it seems as if it has bottomed out a few times, and my mufflers are shot. What are my best routes to go. I have found many mufflers, but i have failed to come across new exhaust headers for my model of bike. Any pearls of wisdom would be appreciated.

Tanner, I have an 81GS400, and when my pipes gave out I went into the market for another set. The only thing I found around here was I think a Mac 2into1 system, but it was too much cost for my likeing, so I did the eBay thing and found a set from the GS450GA (automatic), they need to be sandblasted and repainted, but I'm running them with just the rust sanded off and high temp paint on them. Best of luck,

Comment

I think Mac is the only thing still made for GSs under 750cc. People who use them seem to like them, but they are pricey.

Comment

Originally posted by Hotblack
        I think Mac is the only thing still made for GSs under 750cc. People who use them seem to like them, but they are pricey.
        They are not necessarily pricey. Check out a local bike shop and ask about them. Note that MACS work, but they are not the very best in quality or longevity.

You might also check out an H-D place for original take-offs.
        which can be adapted.
        Bertrand Russell: 'Men are born ignorant, not stupid. They are made stupid by education.'

Comment

Working...
        X