Frame and engine cleanup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frame and engine cleanup

I have the gas tank, seat, carbs and airbox off my bike right now, so this would be an excellent time to cleanup the frame and engine since they are well exposed. What would be the best cleaner/spray to do the job? (i.e. brand name and product) I would like something I could just spray and hose off without scrubbing since some of the places would be hard to get at to scrub. The frame is very dirty from 27 years of buildup! Thanks, Richard

'77 GS750

I have been told countless times by seasoned bikers,"Honda Polish... Honda Polish... Honda Polish" yes repeated three times. Its good on all surfaces and removes some of the crustiest stuff.

Comment

Re: Frame and engine cleanup

I know of nothing that will clean your bike for you as you watch. :-)
      Sometimes, the only way is soap and water and a brush/rag.

Earl

Originally posted by medicinalmotorcycle
      I have the gas tank, seat, carbs and airbox off my bike right now, so this would be an excellent time to cleanup the frame and engine since they are well exposed. What would be the best cleaner/spray to do the job? (i.e. brand name and product) I would like something I could just spray and hose off without scrubbing since some of the places would be hard to get at to scrub. The frame is very dirty from 27 years of buildup! Thanks, Richard

'77 GS750
      All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Good old Simple Green works well. For a degreaser I like STP Brake Parts Cleaner. It's cheap ($1.49) and works well.

Comment

Eating seals

I have always been afraid to use things like brake parts cleaner for fear of it eating away engine seals. Seems like every time I try a product like that I have leak, of course maybe it is that I just freed some dirt that was blocking an existing leak. Anybody got any comments on this?

Comment

Hondabrite works really well also. You spray it on, let it sit, then rinse it off. I really like the stuff.

Comment

Working...
            X