Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just got 82 gs 1100E need handle bar advice.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just got 82 gs 1100E need handle bar advice.....

I would like a handle bar that is more "cafe-ish" Like i need to have a more foward position so I can feel more comfortable at higher speeds.

Looking for tips on specific brands and styles you have done.

I dont want to be laying on the tank but damn close to it.

I am 23 and love pushing my friends around corners, but need a different bar.

Thanks Earth Brown

any bike shop should be able to sell you a universal drag bike style handlebar there are many different kinds whith many different bends ....mark

Comment

I'm like you the stock bars are too tall for me too. I just put bars with apprx. 2 1/2" rise on mine, last week. These are just a little too low for me, but still better than stock. I'm twice your age, If I were back at 23 & really pressing the curves, I would probably like them just fine. I baught these off e-bay, they were advertised to be off a GS 550, but I don't have a clue what year or model.

Comment

How bout a pair of clubmans? If you have a longish torso it shouldn't have you laying on the tank but will definitely put you into a much sportier position. I personally have a pair of superbike bars, which have a very low rise and pullback, and I really like them. Lots of different companies make them and they seem pretty similar. These look almost identical to mine: http://www.holeshot.com/parts/access...superbike_bars

Comment

I put drag bars on my 80gs1000e and absolutly hated them. I replaced them with superbike bars and love the position now.

Got the superbike bars at:

They have a lot of styles. Check the charts, all bars are under $25.00 too!

Comment

Working...
          X