Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

highway pegs??? Who got what and where???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

highway pegs??? Who got what and where???

I'm looking for a set of highway pegs for a '79 gs750. I figure they'll mount easily on the case guards (by the way...are those things stock?).

I'd really like to stretch my legs out on a nice ride.

Hopefully they'll be rather cheap!

Thanks in advance.

About 3 years ago I bought a set from my local friendly Yamaha dealer. The inlay said "Yamaha" on both of them. They fit quite well, folded up out of the way if desired, and did the job. Clamped them onto the case savers.

By the way, as far as I know, the only GS with case guards, or case savers, or crash bars, or whatever, stock from the factory, is the GS1100GK.

Then the "Bambicide" took place in late 2001. Bike fell on its left side, thus destroying the left highway peg. So, I went on eBay during my two-month-long recovery, and got myself the same kind of highway pegs -- except they said "Kawasaki" on them.

So, on my left I have a Kawasaki peg, and on my right a Yamaha peg. See, I'm multi-cultural!

At least I don't have anything that says "H....y" on it...
    That would be just too much multi-culturalism!

Nick

Comment

I have some after market ones that say "Suzuki" on them.

Mike

Comment

I've got a couple of aftermarket case saver on the way and I think I'll look into some highway pegs to put on it as well. Are the savers usually the same diameter? What should pegs cost?

Comment

Get 'em from JC Whitney. www.jcwhitney.com They've got a set for about 20 bucks that will bolt right up to your case guards. Or you can go "Whole Hog" and get a billet pair that will set you back about 55 bucks!

Comment

Do you have a link to the $20 pair? I'm not seeing anything like that on Whitney's site.

Comment

Do you have a link to the $20 pair? I'm not seeing anything like that on Whitney's site.
              Go to the "Motorcycle" section, click on "Forward controls & pegs" in the list on the left side of the screen. You'll get 6 pages of items, with several sets of highway pegs listed, from $16.95 a pair.

Comment

MC

i got some from Mc enterprises; havent pout them on yet

Compleatly different model than you though..

Comment

Go with JC Whitney. They have good products at decent prices. I have a set of the $20 pegs that are quite nice for sitting in the driveway. When I get my bike running, I will let you know how they are for riding. :roll:

Comment

there's a set of case savers you could clamp some highway pegs on to up for bids on Ebay, they say it's for a gs700, although who knows what it'll fit, anyone?

Comment

Working...
                    X