80gs1000e rear wheel bearing question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

80gs1000e rear wheel bearing question

Wheel bearings 2 and 3 at www.bikebandit.com have different part numbers and have different costs but they are both listed as B1 20X47X14 BEA. Are they not the same thing? I am confused.

I found them also at http://www.powersportspro.com but they only list #2 labled B1 20X47X14 BEA. No #3........... Any ideas?

Both sides of the rear wheel take the same bearing , the sprocket carrier one is different, I suggest carefully drifting them all out and going to a bearing supplier.
    Dink

Comment

For my 550, one of the bearings has a metal seal on one side while the other bearing has two rubber seals.

Comment

Originally posted by knelson
        For my 550, one of the bearings has a metal seal on one side while the other bearing has two rubber seals.
        I wonder what the difference is? Is my 80gs1000e the same? Hmmmm.....

Comment

Originally posted by knelson
          The answer to this one is simple somebody at some point changed one bearing, instead of the pair. They have obviously used a type 2RS bearing as this suffix means the bearing is sealed both sides, the single metal caged one on the other side is stock.
          I recommend 2RS bearings as they are alot neater and tidier to install and mean you dont have to re-pack them, the Tractor has had a set in it for the lst three years, no problem! A lot of people will recommend you pull the seals out and pack them , but it is not necessary.
          Dink

Comment

Thanks for the info gentlemen. I bit the bullet and ordered all new bearings (2 up front, 3 in the rear) from Ron Ayers even though a bearing place might have had them cheaper. I had to order a few other bits so they will all come together. Can't wait to get them!

Comment

Working...
            X