carb flooding ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

carb flood

thanks argon but I did say I had checked the oring ,needle and seat the rest of the carb ,no roblem there so we are indeed back to a possible vac diaphram leak allowing gas back through to the carb . will disasemble tommorow and let you guys know what I find.thanks for the response

Comment

If it is leaking in the run position, and is flooding that number 2 cylinder while running in any position, you're still looking at a petcock problem in addition to any leaky float/needle/seat. The fact that it apparently doesn't leak in the reserve position is a red herring. That is some sort of anomaly (excuse my Star Trek).

Comment

carb flooding

I disassembled the petcock and indeed it was the diaphram leaking. In the reserve position the fuel flow was cut off completely, but when I turn the petcock to on/run it was damaged inside and was starting to mechanically open the rubber needle oring thingy that normally doesnt open till you turn all the way to the prime postion .this is why I was getting fuel in the first to positions but not in reserve.
        thanks for all your help

Comment

Working...
        X