Think I may have blown the turnsignal relay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Think I may have blown the turnsignal relay

The bulb burnt out on the signal and before I put the new bulb in I toyed around with the wiring with the battery connected. What happens when they go out? Now neither front or back lights and the relay buzzes. Does this mean I may have screwed it up? Where can I order one? Please tell me this isn't a dealer only part

Thanks, Ed

If you're just talking about the flasher unit pick up one of the $2 auto flashers at any auto parts store.

Comment

Cool, thanks. So if the relay doesn't fix the problem, what else could I have shorted out?

Comment

A fuse is there is nothing at all.

Comment

OK now I know it can't be the flasher, because there is only one flasher and the left side signals light and flash. The 10A signal fuse in the block is good. The bulbs are good on the right side and now the flasher just buzzes (or clicks very fast) and neither front or rear signals light on the right side? What could be wrong here?

Comment

do your bulbs match from left to right?

Comment

The flasher could very well be bad. Just because one direction works doesn't mean it is good. But from what you are saying it is possible you have a bare wiring shorting somewhere. Back trace your steps and see if you can see any wires that are bare, pinched or shorting out in any other way. Or maybe a loose or corroded connected that got wiggled around and is now the bad guy. If it all checks out I would think it is the flasher. I have a bad one in my Chevy right now Just need to pop the new one in. I have left turn but not right. It is the flasher. I tried one from a friends car at work and it fixed it. I just need to pop my new one in now.

Comment

Working...
              X