No start - why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No start - why?

Back to the basics, but i've been trying to start up my 1980 GS450... it had been sitting, this past weekend i replaced the clutch lever. No start, but a faint clicking sound from the ignition... okay so lets see if we can push start her - yes we can with a little blast of starter spray.. she ran idled little rough, but made a few trips up and down the alley- stalled out a couples times... got too tired to push start again.. so I figure battery, get a new one in there today... no start, and now the click from the ignition is only louder than it was last weekend... am i getting no spark perhaps?

Are you sure the new batt is fully charged?

Comment

check your starter solenoid, remove it from the bike and connect it to a car battery and see if it makes a loud click, if not replace it.
      Dink

Comment

Hmmm, a "typo" I do believe. :-) Starter solenoid :-) :-)

Gotcha

Earl :-)

Originally posted by Dink
        check your stater solenoid, remove it from the bike and connect it to a car battery and see if it makes a loud click, if not replace it.
        Dink
        All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Originally posted by earlfor
          Hmmm, a "typo" I do believe. :-) Starter solenoid :-) :-)

Gotcha

Earl :-)

Originally posted by Dink
          check your stater solenoid, remove it from the bike and connect it to a car battery and see if it makes a loud click, if not replace it.
          Dink
          OOPS there you go Earl fixed.
          Dink

Comment

Working...
          X