Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You started it!!! :P :P

Comment

So,............ whats yer point? :-) :-)

Earl

Originally posted by propflux01
      You started it!!! :P :P
      All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Solved (I think) !!

Having spent the day avoiding the removal of the carbs, I finally decided to have a look inside the float bowls -- nothinfg to lose, right?

Each of the floats was set at or below the minimum height, allowing too much fuel to accumulate in the carb bowls. These are now set at EXACTLY the maximum height to reduce fuel volume inthe bowls.

The real clincher, though was when I opened the bowl on Carb #2. The main jet was loose inside, and the needle jet was turned and displaced in the emulsion tube.

Thanks to all who offered advice, but especially, chuck(ycheese), and Dink for pointing me towards the bottom of the carbs.

I haven't had the bike for a comparative test run yet -- I used the part tank that was left for the last unsuccessful attempt, and the gauge finally stopped plummeting towards empty, and the bike pulls evenly while accelerating -- way more torque! Now I should keep an eye out for some new coils -- a "fatter" spark might be nioce

Tomorrow afternoon should be a good time to try a test ride over longer distance, as I can join up with a friend to share the trip in case trouble shows.

Thanks once again for the support from each of you.

David

Comment

Originally posted by earlfor
          So,............ whats yer point? :-) :-)

Earl
          I Couldnt help but continue the dance...... :P :P

Comment

sv650, I thought your model had fixed jet needles?
            And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
            Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Loose jet

Glad you got it figured out David...I thought the loose jet theory seemed logical but...I'm always a little bit surprised when I'm right. :roll: :roll:
              1980 GS1100E....Number 15!

Comment

How hot are your exhaust pipes getting? If you're passing that much fuel through the combustion chamber I doubt that the pipes would be very hot.

Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by KEITH KRAUSE
                  sv650, I thought your model had fixed jet needles?
                  Only in America (the United States of). In countries without the guidance of the EPA, both the idle jet and the jet needle are adjustable on carbs of this vintage.

David

Comment

Working...
                  X