Need to find foam gasket for top of air cleaner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need to find foam gasket for top of air cleaner

Does anyone have any ideas about how to replace the foam gasket on top of the air cleaner? I thought it would be easy to find a sheet of foam of about the right thickness, but I haven't been able to find any. Has anyone else run into this problem?

I'm not sure what your gasket looks like, but would foam weather stripping work? You can find rolls in various thicknesses and with self sticking adhesive on one side at the hardware store or home improvement store.
    And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
    Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Originally posted by KEITH KRAUSE
      I'm not sure what your gasket looks like, but would foam weather stripping work? You can find rolls in various thicknesses and with self sticking adhesive on one side at the hardware store or home improvement store.
      I second this thought

Comment

Hi

I have done that, 4mm thick on my bike

Gs1000GLX

Comment

I made my own from a old mouse pad. :-)

Earl
          Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

That human beings can not bear too much reality, explains so much.

Comment

I used a piece of polyurethane carpet underpad.
            Bertrand Russell: 'Men are born ignorant, not stupid. They are made stupid by education.'

Comment

All good ideas. Thanks to everyone! I didn't think it would be so hard to find a piece of foam that I could trim to fit.

Comment

Working...
              X