Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did a compression test today...what's the prognosis?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did a compression test today...what's the prognosis?

I did a compression test on my 83" GS1100E with 46,000 Km and here's what I got.

#1 - 150
    #2 - 135
    #3 - 135
    #4 - 150

I gave a couple of squirts of oil down each cyl. and ran the test again and here's what I got.

#1 - 178
    #2 - 153
    #3 - 155
    #4 - 180

What do you think? Do these numbers seem ok or should I be worried about anything. I did a valve adjustment in the fall last year and they should all be within spec.

Not really that bad for a bike that old. I don`t think I would lose any sleep.

Comment

Sounds good to me but I wouldn't know any better, want to go to Cornwall tomorrow and see if it dies on ya? I have to go check out an 82 1100E in the morning and get back for 2pm.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by srivett
        Sounds good to me but I wouldn't know any better, want to go to Cornwall tomorrow and see if it dies on ya? I have to go check out an 82 1100E in the morning and get back for 2pm.

Steve
        Your being mean :twisted:

Comment

Originally posted by srivett

Steve
          I'd love to but I gotta take my son to soccer practice for 9:30 am and I'm also in the middle of a bathroom renovation. I took enough flack today from my girlfriend for spending a couple hours on the bike. There's no way she'll let me take the day to go riding until this bathroom is done but I should be done within a week or two and then the riding begins.

Comment

Working...
          X