Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dont know if this has been covered before

I changed out my stock handle bars for a set of sport bike bars "drag"
    on my 82 gs650e. It looks awsome but when I turn the wheel the throttle goes crazy I dont want to change the cable in case I dont like the bars any ideas would be great!!!

Keltic

Just try rerouting the cable, you may also be able to just adjust the cable a bit looser.

BTW: Nice Avatar.

Comment

I tried to reroute last night to no avail, its like if the line moves it revs.
      thanks about the avitar shes going on my bike this fall.

Keltic

Comment

You my friend are going to cause all sorts of accidents with a paint job like that.

Just loosen the cable up some, that should take care of it. You want it to not rev when you move it, but still not have any slop in the throttle.

Comment

thanks about the paint and I'll try the adjustment.
          the whole bike is going candy black with chrome ghost flames and shes going on the side covers. I hope it looks hot I'll post pics when shes done

Comment

I had the same issue when I did that on one of my past bikes. The cable goes down the same side of the headlight that it is on from the factory. I rerouted it to go down the other side of the head light and then back in under the tank over on the same side as original. This worked out good for me. It didn't put any excessive bends in the cable and took up just enough of the slack that it wouldn't rev the engine when I cut the wheel. I hope it works out for you too. It makes it nice if you ever want to switch the bars back like you say.

Conversely, if you like the bars after using them a bit just get a shorter cable

Comment

just keep trying diffrent cable routes and you will get it sooner or later. thats what i had to do with my 550 when i installed my drag bars and your 650 and my 550 are basiclly the same beast. just don't button every thing up until you get the throttel figured out just keep turning the handle bars after each adjustment until it works for you.

-ryan
              78 GS1000 Yosh replica racer project
              82 Kat 1000 Project
              05 CRF450x
              10 990 ADV-R The big dirt bike

P.S I don't check PM to often, email me if you need me.

Comment

Working...
              X