Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

squeaky rear brake

hi all,
    1979 gs425e 15,000 kms The rear brake screaches like a banchee whenever it is applied. It is loud enough to cause birds to fall from trees with coronaries. I have disassembled and cleaned then reinstalled without any change. The shoes have plenty of meat left. Wats up

karl

HOW WERE THE ANTI VIBRATION PLATES (THIN PLATES BEHIND THE PADS ) MOUNTED THE RIGHT WAY AROUND AND NOT ROTTED AWAY ?
    IF STILL HAVIN PROBS , TRY A BIT O COPPER GREASE BEHIND THE PADS !

LUCK :twisted:

Comment

nothing in the drum was rotten or didn't appear so. with only 15,000 kms and I have owned the bike for 16 years I'm sure this is still the orig. set of shoes. What is copper grease and EXACTLY where would I apply it.

thanks karl

Comment

Originally posted by karl
        nothing in the drum was rotten or didn't appear so. with only 15,000 kms and I have owned the bike for 16 years I'm sure this is still the orig. set of shoes. What is copper grease and EXACTLY where would I apply it.

thanks karl
        Might be time for new shoes.
        The rivets holding the material to the backing plate can sore the drum.
        If it does that, the drum may be junk.
        Keith
        -------------------------------------------
        1980 GS1000S, blue and white
        2015Triumph Trophy SE

Ever notice you never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychiatrist office?

Comment

copper grease is basicly grease with copper dust in it so even when the grease dissapates the copper is left behind , good 4 all sorts , exhaust studs etc , so as nothing ever seizes. just apply to any toutching surfaces NOT irepeat NOT the shoe / pad surface !It helps stop ant unwanted vibration , 8)

Comment

understood, thanks

Comment

Working...
            X