Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KG case guards

Greeting all,
    I just received a pair of case guards in the mail that I got off of ebay and they appear to fit. Here is my dilemma, I can?t quite figure out how exactly they are to be put on in the short time I had to look at it this afternoonand I want to do it right the first time, no trial and error. They are made by KG Engineering in Woonsocket, RI. Does anyone happen to have a set of these and still have the instruction, can tell me how to put them on, have a phone number and address for KG, or have a picture of there bike with these guards on that I can see.

Looks like I get no help on this one. So it will be the trial and error method.

Comment

The only thing I can tell you is that KG is out of business.

bill

Comment

Try doing a general search for "KG" and "case guards" on the web -- maybe you'll get lucky and find a link for some helpful info. I have some case guards for my GS1100G, but they're not installed yet so I can't take any helpful pictures. I'll check and see if I have some install instructions in the box ... if so I'll be glad to email them to you (assuming they're KG).

Good Luck,
        Steve 8)

Comment

Originally posted by Planecrazy
          Try doing a general search for "KG" and "case guards" on the web -- maybe you'll get lucky and find a link for some helpful info. I have some case guards for my GS1100G, but they're not installed yet so I can't take any helpful pictures. I'll check and see if I have some install instructions in the box ... if so I'll be glad to email them to you (assuming they're KG).

Good Luck,
          Steve 8)
          I did ever search I could think off I even searched for the KG Engineering and checked switchboard.com and anywho.com Not luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Evil Hobbit
            I did ever search I could think off I even searched for the KG Engineering and checked switchboard.com and anywho.com Not luck.
            I should have been more clear ... KG Engineering is, unfortunately, out of business, so you shouldn't expect to find any official site. What I hoped you might find was somebody's personal link, or a forum that might have info (like ours, for example). In any case, I'll check my box tonight or tomorrow morning and let you know if I find an instruction manual (Honestly I doubt I will).

Regards,
            Steve 8)

Comment

Thanks Steve.
              I figured they were out of business. I have checked every sight I know for mounting instructions I was counting on GSR with all the experience we have here. Chuckiecheese said he opened the packaging new and there were no mounting instructions or hardware in the pack. Could be why there ar out of business.
              It looks pretty straight forword the bottom mounting goes on the lower motor mount the middle mount gets connected to the frame with a "U" bolt and the top mount appears to be designed to attach to the top motor mount inboard of the frame, rather than outside of the frame. Is that about right? I fully expect 3 trips to the hardware store for longer mounting bolts which will give me the opportuity to replace the crap bolts that were put on at the factory with grade 10.9 bolts. everytime I take a bolt off it gets a brand new one in it's place. I'm a strict believer in good hardware and locktight as required.

Comment

Working...
              X