custom ss brakelines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

custom ss brakelines

howdy... has anyone ordered custom length stainless steel brakelines for their gs? i was considering getting some for mine (i know goodridge has a set made for the 850g, but since i put on smaller bars, i think the upper line would be too long) anyhow, after looking around on dennis kirk, i was wondering what "custom" parts i'd need (hose, obviously, and the banjo bolts, but, other than that, could i just keep the rest of my old front brake components? do i need the banjo adapters? or the double bolt? i don't even really know what those are...)

buy@industrialliquidators.com

Try Craig Fouts at the above address. They used to make custom lines.

Comment

if you use DK, order your length, and order the ends in Chrome, teh same angle as you have now. No need for the bolts, just get the gaskets. teh 3/8 - 10mm banjo ends are universal, and work perfect on the GS. I just replaced all the lines and ends on mine just 2 months ago, and was easy, and looks/works perfect. :twisted:

Comment

If you order based on length, keep in mind that SS lines don't bend as sharply as rubber, needing more length to go from point A to point B.

Jeff

Comment

I bought Russell lines years ago.
          Fit perfect, all I needed was new crush washers.
          The banjo bolts were already mounted in place.

I've had them on for years, no leaks, no problems
          Keith
          -------------------------------------------
          1980 GS1000S, blue and white
          2015Triumph Trophy SE

Ever notice you never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychiatrist office?

Comment

Working...
          X