REJETTING??????????????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

REJETTING??????????????

Im almost done with my carbs and I'm wonder about the pod filters...I hear a lot of chatter about rejet if ya do...what up with all that why do ya need to ? and rejet to ehat?....im lost any ideas?

You NEED to rejet because it increases airflow so much!!! simple as that more airflow requires more fuel flow or your engine will meltdown due to the leanness of the mixture. It will also be harder to start, will actually lose power and wont rev out.
    Dink

Comment

It seems to me that the pods need rejetting becaus like Dink said, there is more air flow. Also the increased and ease the air flows causes less vacum in the carbs, where the fuel is sucked up thru the jets. With less vacum pulling the fuel, you need a larger opening to get even the same amount of fuel in. So now you have less vacum so you need larger jets to get the same amount of fuel, plus you are getting more air, so you need even larger jets to compensate for that.

Comment

I've just been through that on my bike. I put pods on my 550 after doing a carb rebuild. I can tell you the bike will not be rideable without rejetting. It makes a huge difference and the bike will be WAY WAY WAY too lean. I'm told a good starting point is two clips richer on the needles and 3 or 4 sizes richer on the mains. You'll probably have to go through several jetting iterations to get it right. And when you're all done you may still have "drivability" problems as the dynojet literature calls it.

I went back to stock on my bike. The jetting hassle didn't seem worth it. YMMV.

good luck,
        Debby
        1979 GS1000N
        2019 Kaw Z900RS
        plus a few more

Comment

Well thanks guys ..that makes perfect sense now....but I think I'm with debby...that sounds like more trouble than its worth...think I'll stay with what the Japs planned

Comment

Working...
          X