Just took the Electrex dive.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just took the Electrex dive.

I decided to go ahead and replace the charging system on this bike too.
    I just purchased a G1 Stator

and RR9 Regulator.

I also found out that the regulator the previous owner had on the bike is the RR10 which is the electrex unit for 1976-1979 GS750 models.
    Hey harrison, want this Electrex Regulator? It should fit your bike. It isn't right for mine according to the Electrex website.

Anyone have any advice for changing the Stator? It reads relatively straightforward but I'm a bit worried about the screws.
    Impact driver? Also, how do I use one effectively?

Thanks in advance,
    Dm of mD

Also, I'm purchasing a Gasket for that side from bikebandit.com and an allenbolt set from Cyclerecyclers. Is there anything else I need to buy gasketwise beforehand?

Thanks,
    Dm of mD

Comment

Thanks, Damien, but I already have an RR10. When I replaced the left handlebar controls with an aftermarket set I did the R/R at the same time. Maybe you could sell it to another GSer or on Ebay.
      By the way, what the guy at the Cycle Warehouse in Balto. told you about handlebar mounted windscreens is crap. I've gotten mine adjusted and it really puts no pressure on the bars. Anything mounted to the fork legs would try to steer the bike as well, and that doesn't seem to bother him. I suspect he meant that if you mount the windscreen out to the ends of the bars it MIGHT have an effect, but if the screen is mounted to the center portion of the bars the steering effect is negligable.

Harrison

Comment

Ya know what bud? I was thinking the same thing. It's all really connected so mounting the shield in either of the places is the same.
        I will, however, sell that RR10 on ebay then. I've got about 200 dollars worth of stuff I couldnt' use that I bought off of ebay to put back on there hehe.

Thanks bud,
        Dm of mD

Comment

IMPORTANT INFO!!

JUST A NOTE!!!

If anyone is buying stators/regulators this place...

has them for 25 dollars less than the Electrex website.

Dm of mD

Comment

I bought one of these on saturday and it's the best electronic component I've ever spent 6 bucks on.

I checked the charging system on my GS and found out that the stator isn't recharging the battery. The voltage never climbs higher than 12 volts when running above 4000 rpm. That was when I ordered the new set from electrex. I found that the electrex units in my Vulcan750 do their job superbly giving a full charge when revving the engine. I tested my bike batteries and found that one is low, one is dead and two (in the bikes) are fully charged.

This thing is awesome! I'm wiring it into the bike full time!

Dm of mD

Comment

Working...
            X