• Show
Clear All

swaping trees and legs

ok i need the real brainy folks here.
    im chopperizing my 82 gs550l
    i want a more harley-like tree and front end
    im going for the old school honda chopper look
    any idea about what size of a front end will work
    i dont want to cut the frame or rake the stock tubeso im thinking a raked tree might work but i worry about the steering geometry and trail
    i wouldn't mind the forks being about 4" over stock either.
    im also gonna drop the rear about 1-2"
    to give it that old school feel. Any ideas. i havent found anyone else that has used a gs550l platform either for a chopper so wish me luck
    if you could not only post here for everyone send me a email at
    roosterbike28806@aol.com :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

You should be able to make a complete Intruder front end work. It will be plenty long to give you the look you want.

Comment

any idea what year intruder? i want to use aftermarket risers and etc

Comment

There are lots of afftermarket items availavle for Intruders. All but the last generation of Intruders have that chopped look with long forks. Just watch Ebay.

Comment

This is a travesty.

Nick

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Diaz
            This is a travesty.

Nick
            Ahahhahaha...
            *cracking up*

Dm of mD

Comment

oh, now its not that bad :twisted:
              i love my gs's so much i want to realy show them off.
              this gs chopper is just another way for me to express my love for the gs breed and bike building. im new to both,BUT i love it.
              i ve got 2 more parts bikes cowering in the corner.
              wonder what to do with them :roll: :twisted: :twisted:

Comment

since i have an 82 gs550l should i look at the mid 80's intruders?
                and do you know of other sites that might help with parts?

Comment

On eeeeeee baaaaaaaaay...

Dm of mD

Comment

well duh......
                    i knew that, i meant other websites that might have something OTHER than ebay
                    crazy people i swear :roll:
                    ive started painting the sheet metal
                    im using a kameleon green-blue-purple for harley styled paint panels
                    and a flat black for the rest. it wont be flat when i add the clear coat but thats ok
                    do you think foward controls are totally impossible?
                    the way the cases stick out i may just EBAY a couple of case guards and add pags but what do yall think?

Comment

Depending on your final decision, you might check this guy out. I'm having the make me some 4" over for my GS chopper project bike.

Frank's Maintenance and Engineering, Inc., Evanston, IL, 60202, motorcycle fork tubes,forking by frank,german,japanese,spanish,chicago,motorcycle,forks,tubes,fork tubes,bikes,cycles,choppers,honda,suzuki,kawasaki,yamaha,bmw,triumph,bsa,norton,maico,harley davidson,, motorcycles,motorcycle parts,parts,engines

Comment

Depending on your final decision, you might check this guy out. I'm having the make me some 4" over for my GS chopper project bike.

Frank's Maintenance and Engineering, Inc., Evanston, IL, 60202, motorcycle fork tubes,forking by frank,german,japanese,spanish,chicago,motorcycle,forks,tubes,fork tubes,bikes,cycles,choppers,honda,suzuki,kawasaki,yamaha,bmw,triumph,bsa,norton,maico,harley davidson,, motorcycles,motorcycle parts,parts,engines

Comment

I went the Case guards and highway pegs route. It's working out great. If I really need to strech out I put the passenger pegs down and put my feet on them and lay on the tank.

Dm of mD

Comment

Working...
                          X