X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WHERE CAN I FIND AN "INEXPENSIVE" ALUMINUM SWINGAR

Hello,

I am in the process of puting together a 1982 Suzuki GS750e. I am told
    by several people that the handling on this bike can be greatly improved by installing an aluminum swingwarm to reduce "flexing". My last bike was a 1980 gs110e and it had an aluminum swingarm. If none are available aftermarket and if I could ever find an gs110e that is being parted out, would the swingarms interchange? THANKS.---Micxster

Yep, did it to my 81 5 years ago. Find Ritchie's posts in the parts for sale section, he'll have what you need most likely. The only thing you'll need to do is get a set of spacers made for between the swingarm brgs and the thru shaft. The 1100 shaft is too big to fit the 750 frame and the spacer's are too sloppy for the 750 shaft. Cost me $45 to get them made and they were hardened also.

Comment

Ebay Ebay Ebay!

For what it's worth I just got a complete 97 gsxr 750 swingarm for $25 plus shipping :P

I know you probably aren't looking for a really modern swingarm to transplant. Most of the older stock bike parts like GS's go for really cheap and as long as you know what you are looking for and you stay diligent with your searches (like every day) you'll find all kinds of stuff that will work on the cheap. Just make sure the person you buy from has good feedback and/or email the guy and have a good repoir before you bid.

Comment

Sounds like good advice. I do look on ebay quite often with good results.Thanks.--Micxster

Comment

John,

Thanks for the info on the 1100 gs swingarm. You wouldn't know the i.d and o.d and width of those custom spacers by any chance, would you?
          Is the overall length of the swingarm on the 1100 the same and is the travel affected by using the 1100 arm if I use the stock 750 shocks?
          Sorry for the "thousand questions". Lastly , does the 1100 swingarm make a really noticable differance? Thanks again.--Micxster

Comment

I don't remember the measurements off hand, it's been awhile, but just take the inner dia of the 750 spacer and the inside dia of the 1100 bearing and that should be it. The fit is virtually the same and it functions well. I would say it makes the rear end more rigid on spirited riding, so yes in my opinion it was worth it.

Comment

Working...
            X