carb rebuild and general questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

carb rebuild and general questions

i just traded for possibly 77 gs550. i know for sure it is a 550. i dont know the year but it has spoke wheels and one rotor up front. does this sound right? my main question is are the carbs easy to rebuild? is the gs850 carb rebuild in the garage section the same as mine? can i buy just the gaskets and orings instead of the whole kit? is that wise? any and all info about this bike and carbs would be appreciated. i am new to this site and this is my first suzuki.

I don't think your carbs are even close to the same as those in the cleanup section. Yours probably look more like these, http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=35597. The gaskets and o-rings are likely about all you need. If there isn't much difference in price go with the kits. I would think they would come with an assembly guide and other beneficial parts like float needles.

Comment

Here's a page on VM tuning.

Louisiana Fishing Magazine brings you the best news and information on Fishing in Louisiana. Looking to show off your most recent fishing trip?

Comment

There is suppose to be a downloadable VM tuning guide here.

Comment

Working...
        X