Bench test a stator?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bench test a stator?

Is it possible to test the circuitry of a stator that is out of the motorcycle?
    I removed the side case containing the stator from my 1982 GS1100G and have it on the bench. Without taking it from the case side, can I find out anything about its condition by running a continuity check on each yellow lead?

I have no idea what the proper resistance between the leads would be for a new stator but what you do want is equality between the leads with no short between any and no short to the ground. Hope that helps.

Comment

Hello, go to the garage section in the technical area and follow the titles to the stator papers IV and you will enlighten yourself. I used them this past year and they were helpfull. Goodluck in your quest.

Comment

Re: Bench test a stator?

Originally posted by phillsaska
        Is it possible to test the circuitry of a stator that is out of the motorcycle?
        I removed the side case containing the stator from my 1982 GS1100G and have it on the bench. Without taking it from the case side, can I find out anything about its condition by running a continuity check on each yellow lead?
        The stator should nil or near nil resistance A-B, B-C, C-A windings.

Comment

Working...
        X