Flip up Helmets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flip up Helmets

Have any of you had any experiance with flip up helmets?
    I have the Lazer Century and like it very much, got it for $75 on E-Bay. According to the review it is the most bang for the buck. Lazer has recently been bought out by AGV. I was happily surprised with the results. I really like my helmet.

Please recheck the URL for the proper spelling. Or use our search box at the top of this page to find what you're looking for.

No but I'm seriously looking at a Nolan flip up for my next helmet. Nolans seem to fit me perfectly, and their flip up is supposed to be super. And not all that expensive either.

Comment

used to have a BMW flip up back in 85 with my k100rt and loved it, came with the bike. have looked into some shoei and others but at over $400 US they are out of my price range.

Comment

I've spoken with a number of folks that have had fit problems with the Nolan flip-ups - it seems the chin bar fits too close. One guy said it settled to rubbing on his nose after break-in...

-Q!

Comment

Like Dow watson, I had a BMW flip up in the mid 80's. Loved everything about it, no wind noise nor nothing, cost apprx. $350 in mid 80's. I now have an HJC flip up. It's nowhere close to the BMW, as to wind noise, ease of getting off & on, vent holes, etc., but for $125, I wouldn't expect the quality of the BMW. For the price, I'm completely satisfied.

Comment

I bought a Nolan N100E off of ebay for $125 and it is money well spent. I wear glasses and it makes putting it on and taking it off so much easier then a normal full face, yet gives the protection of a full face.

Comment

My Buddy has the same Helment DGeorge, He absolutely loves it, wears glasses too.

Comment

I have an HJC SY-MAX with flip up full face and I love it. I have had Simpson, Bell, Shoei, Bieffe, Griffin and several others and they all have been good lids but this HJC I bought last year is my first flip up and is by far the most comfortable convenient lid I have had to date. Mine is the black one pictured here.

HJC SY-MAX Helmets <-- click here for their web site

Rock on!

Comment

i tried a nolan last i was helmet shopping because i wear glasses i thought it was a cool idea...

however in my limited 5 min test i found it sat kinda funny on my head and was kinda heavy..i ended up getting an Arai full face and contacts

i'm with Hap on the snell issues also....

i know a few people who love them so go try one is my advice

Comment

I'm thinking about trying a Nolan ... seems like a good compromise helmet, according to the article (see link in first post) schris posted. As far as comfort, I'll have to put it on and see if it fits me...

Regarding the Snell issue, the article seemed to address that concern by stating that all the helmets tested were within the Snell limits even though none of the manufacturers claims to meet the standard ... seems like a reasonable compromise if you want the flip up option.

Steve 8)

Comment

That's the one I have too Mark. I picked it up at the BMW dealer here in Cincinnati. Worth every bit of the $230 I put down on it. Picked up a magnetic tank bag while I was at it. I can't do a full face becaue of the glasses I wear (long story) so this is the best of both worlds. As for SNELL I figure that is like CE certification and ISO make it so safe it won't work and document the crap out of it, and oh by the way that will be $25,000 every 6 months to maintain your certification. Its part of the Euro (German) plot to finally win WWII.
                      Originally posted by Hoomgar
                      I have an HJC SY-MAX with flip up full face and I love it. I have had Simpson, Bell, Shoei, Bieffe, Griffin and several others and they all have been good lids but this HJC I bought last year is my first flip up and is by far the most comfortable convenient lid I have had to date. Mine is the black one pictured here.

HJC SY-MAX Helmets <-- click here for their web site

Rock on!

Comment

Working...
                      X