Another Strinking Petcock Question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Strinking Petcock Question...

Alright, I am going insane here. It's 2am and I can't sleep because my garage is filled with gas that dripped out of my bike.

My bike had a slow leak, similar to what others were talking about....you know, gas dripping from the air-box. After reading what everone has said, I thought there was a good chance that the petcock needed to be rebuilt. So, that is exactly what I did. Unfortunatly, after I rebuilt it, I appear to have made it worse. It' drips twice as fast as before!! The only thing I noticed is that it seems to drip faster when on the kickstand as opposed to the center stand.

Is it possilbe that it isn't the "diaphram" side that is having the problem by the spigot part that is not seated properly?

Any help is greatly appreciated!
    Thanks!
    BCOT.

I have on that does the same thing. Just before I left for the Texas Hill Country ride my 81GS750 started leaking past the petcock. I took it apart and the diaphragm seem to be ok it was just that the valve stem didn't seem to seat the o-ring to stop the flow of gas. I tried stretching out the spring to get the valve to seat but it didn't work so I put am in-line valve in series with it.

I have another petcock now and will install it after I clean out the tank.

Mike

Comment

id like to find a non vaccum petcock with reserve to replace the vacuum petcock with no reserve that I have now(I have fuel gauge, guess they didn't think you needed reserve with a fuel gauge?!?!?) .

Comment

Try

P-i-n-g-e-l
        1980 GS1100E....Number 15!

Comment

Re: Try

Originally posted by chuckycheese
          P-i-n-g-e-l

YEP YEP YEPINGEL

SMOOTH AS BUTTER AND CAN BE PURCHASED WITH OR WITHOUT A RESERVE. I LIKE THE RESERVE JUST IN CASE MY FUEL GUAGE FAILS. I THINK THE PRICE IS THE SAME--NOT SURE THOUGH.
          I hit the caps lock again. Its a bad habbit of mine

Comment

Pingel Distributors in Canada?

Anyone know where a guy can get Pingel parts in Canada...prefereable in the west?

BCOT

Comment

Anyone make an aftermarket petcock that IS vac-operated (turning off the gas is something I preferr NOT having to do)?

Comment

Yes

Yeah, Pingel makes a vacuum model, as well.
                1980 GS1100E....Number 15!

Comment

do they have a website? how much is there stuff? and can it be purchased in canada(preferably in BC)?

Comment

I found the website, now all I gotta do is figure out what I need and how much

Comment

Working...
                    X