Rear Wheel 83 GS1100E

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rear Wheel 83 GS1100E

I would like to change out the 130 series rear wheel on my GS1100E. Does anyone know what size and what model wheels I could use on this stock swingarm? ZX6e, ZX6r, CBR??

A gs1150 rear wheel will bolt right in and match your front wheel also.

Comment

Does anyone know what size and what model wheels I could use on this stock swingarm?
      The max width with a stock arm is a 160 tire on a 4.5" rim. Someone here has fitted a 180 into a stock Katana arm, but it is very (VERY 8O ) close. 89+ GSXR wheels work well, but be careful to get the 4.5" one as there were only a few years where the rear was a 4.5", then they went up to the 5.5" width. CBR600F2 rims are 4.5" and the F3 has a 5.0" (I think it is) that you can run a 160 on. Any 4.5" Katana rim should work as well. I believe the Suzuki stuff is the easiest to fit, as they kept common axle sizes and so on for a lot of years. Some of the guys here who have done this swap can give you more exact details.

Mark

Comment

'88 and '89 GSXR750 and 1100 wheels were 4.5"X17". You have to use rotor, caliper, etc. from the donor bike.

Comment

Working...
        X