Throttle hold down lever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Throttle hold down lever

Does anyone have any info or a picture of the throttle hold down system. I have a 1980 GS1100L that someone has taken it off and would like to try to put it back on. Any help?

What is a throttle hold down system?

Comment

Do you mean a cruise control type setup?

Comment

There are different types. I have two in my spare parts collection that are designed differently. I used to use them but don't anymore. Most have a fixed connection to the handlebar and some method of clamping the throttle grip in one position. The lever just tightens the clamp. One of the ones I have has the stationary connection to the throttle cable, and the other has its own clamp to the handle bar. Both just squeeze the grip when the lever is pushed down.

I don't have a digital camera so I can't send a picture. Maybe you could find a web site somewhere where they sell them. They might have a picture or other help.

Comment

Cruise control

I have a GK with what I suspect you have. If you are just looking for a picture of the unit as mounted, I can get you a picture of it. It is the tension lock device that just cams itself tight around the throttle. It does not hold tight as is, but will allow you to let go for a bit when you need to scratch your left elbow :?

Comment

I bought a neat little toy:

It grabs on to the throttle grip, and extends as a little lever to rest the heel of your hand on. Once adjusted, it is VERY comfortable. ANd none of the risks of a throttle lock that can stick at the worst time.
            You can take your hand off this thing without releasing the grip to let off the throttle.

I love mine. Useless in the mountain passes I like to ride (Only a lunatic would lock their throttle on an alternating 7% grade on a winding mountain road), but the flats on the way are much nicer now.

Comment

Throttle Rocker

I think the Jedi is talking about a Throttle Rocker...they're just great! I put one on about 2 years ago and have never taken it off.

Ten bucks...delivered!
              1980 GS1100E....Number 15!

Comment

There are two that I know of, one called a vistacruise (or Vestacruise, can't remember) and the other one os a cheaper version that is made of plastic and does pretty much the same. If you need a pic of the vistacruise, PM me and I will get you a pic. :twisted:

Comment

Working...
                X