Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Replacement for the horrible brake light switch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can also swap out your brake lever/master cylinder assembly with one from nearly any japanese bike with a plunger-type switch instead of the crappy slider-type switch that the GS's came with.

I swapped mine out with one from an early 90's Katana, and it came with a 4-position adjustable brake lever, to boot (and a newer master cylinder never hurts - especially one where you can actually see through the insepection bubble!!!).

You'll have to drain and re-fill your front brakes to do the swap, but I'll wager that most of you could use a brake flush and fill anyways - it's a neglected part of routine maintenance.

They can be found in numbers from various bikes on eBay for 20 bucks or less - just make sure that you keep the clamp portion from your original master cylinder, as mine had the mirror mount in it.

-Q!

Comment

just make sure that you keep the clamp portion from your original master cylinder, as mine had the mirror mount in it.
      Speaking of mirror mounts... Somehow I got addicted to bar-end mirrors. 8O

Comment

Working...
      X