Suzuki GS exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suzuki GS exhaust

Can anyone tell me if a stock exhaust off of a 1979 GS 1000 will fit a 1982 GS 1100L. Thank you in advance for all replies.

I cant say for sure but I sincerely doubt it. the L models pipes route wider under the frame than do the standard pipes. I know I tried it. Once mounted the new pipes would not clear the side stand or center stand and still have the balance tube work. You would be better off finding an L exhaust or going to the Vance Hines 4 into 1s. Sorry if that wasn't what you wanted to hear.

On the right is standard GS 1000 pipes. on the left are GS1000L pipes. notice the difference in the width that passes under the frame. Chances are if you look at your GS1100L you will see a similar appearance.

Comment

Thank you Micheal, you have been very helpful.

Comment

1982 Gs1100l

Originally posted by Anonymous
        Can anyone tell me if a stock exhaust off of a 1979 GS 1000 will fit a 1982 GS 1100L. Thank you in advance for all replies.
        I TOOK THE EXHAUST OFF A 1980 GS1100E AND ADAPTED THEM TO MY BIKE
        BY ENLONGATEING THE MOUNTING BRAKCETS TO THE REAR PEGS IT WORKS GREAT

Comment

I also can't say for sure, but I will try and reason it out for you. The pre-1980 1000's are two valve heads, and likely have different exhaust manifold spacings. It is also very possible that the port size is different, but maybe not? As siad before, the L pipes have different routings under the frame as well, so I am doubting it will be an easy swap over.
          Currently bikeless
          '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
          '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Guys, this thread is two years old...

Comment

Originally posted by 8trackmind
              Guys, this thread is two years old...
              Someone did some digging. At least they searched instead of creating a new thread, gotta admire that.

Comment

LOL, I wonder if my post will finally help this guy?
                Currently bikeless
                '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
                '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

GS1100G pipes on a '80 GS850G

The guy who had by bike before me put a set of stock GS1100G pipes on my 1980 GS850G!

Comment

Originally posted by Jethro
                    LOL, I wonder if my post will finally help this guy?
                    We are all so eager to help each other we have a tendancey to overlook the small items such as post dates!

Comment

Working...
                    X