No announcement yet.

carby jet sizes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what exactly does the main jet say DJ 125.5 or does it have a little square with a little square in that with 125.5 next to it.

so did you ride the bike after you cleaned it and is that when your brother was soak in rich gas vapor? what do the plugs look like?

-ryan
    78 GS1000 Yosh replica racer project
    82 Kat 1000 Project
    05 CRF450x
    10 990 ADV-R The big dirt bike

P.S I don't check PM to often, email me if you need me.

Comment

It could be just a matter of lowering the float level?. 125 jet is on the rich side

Comment

the main jet only says 125.5 the local useless suzuki dealer said its the size.

The ride was after I cleaned it and replaced the fuel needles, and set them correctly.

The plugs are a moist black in colour!

thanks!

Comment

Ahh, an Ozzie, I'm inclined to be a bit more understanding. :-) For a four into one, and going back to stock airbox and filter, go with mikuni main jet 115. Stock pilots will be fine. Set the fuel pilot screw to 1 1/4 out. Airscrew about 1 3/4 to 2 turns out. Plugs should burn about a light tan. You may have to raise the needle one notch, from stock. Been there, done that.

Earl

Originally posted by fiatlancianivaa
          the main jet only says 125.5 the local useless suzuki dealer said its the size.

The ride was after I cleaned it and replaced the fuel needles, and set them correctly.

The plugs are a moist black in colour!

thanks!
          All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Thanks Joe.
            And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
            Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

So K&N pod filters are crap for the street? The stock airbox will increase the power? As previously mentioned, less fuel and less air flowing through the engine will increase the power? You and your retired racer have it a little backwards. If he tuned the bikes he rode, I don't think he did much winning. And he wants to bet? What a joke.
              The only reason you apologized was so you can get some free info, not because you meant it.
              If you hate forums, why are you still here? Visit a jetting site. You and your retired racer might learn some basics.
              As you say, quit wasting forum time and space. :P
              And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
              Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

What a bunch of nasty, vengefull and sarcastic SOBs hang out on these forums.
                I guess sometimes we must break our own rule of no messing around on the tech forum.

nice job fellas. I really enjoy watching others do the necessary work.
                We are not that Stupid sir. Phony apologies just dont make it. We all are here for our own enjoyment

Comment

Very well put, Scotty..............
                  IBA# 24077
                  '15 BMW R1200GS Adventure
                  '07 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS
                  '08 Yamaha WR250R

"Krusty's inner circle is a completely unorganized group of grumpy individuals uninterested in niceties like factual information. Our main purpose, in an unorganized fashion, is to do little more than engage in anecdotal stories and idle chit-chat while providing little or no actual useful information. And, of course, ride a lot and have tons of fun.....in a Krusty manner."

Comment

My '77 GS750DB had the stock airbox (until last night) and runs with a lash-up 4 into 1 exhaust using the silencer off a Kawasaki 750 of some sort. Main jets are 100 and the plugs are the perfect tan colour. So unless you have some really free flowing exhaust you may be aswell to start with these and see what colour your plugs go.

As an aside, last night I junked the standard airbox and have fitted pod filters, and am waiting for delivery of a V&H 4-1 exhaust. So I'm going to have all the fun of trying to get the jetting right. I've been recommended to start with 127.5's and work from there.

Comment

Working...
                    X